To St Helens SEND Essentials delegates
Summer Term 2020
We are delighted to announce the arrival of the summer term Inclusion Forum, with online interactive sessions beginning on Thursday 28th May, extending through to September. As with the spring forum, there will also be a recorded version that will be embedded into the hidden webpage for anyone preferring to watch it at a time to suit themselves, or those sharing it with colleagues in school to extend the impact of this CPD.
The alternative interactive online sessions will be presented via Microsoft Teams. Do not worry if you are not signed up to Teams, as we will invite you as a guest prior to the session, plus a recorded version will also be available on the ‘hidden-webpage’ afterwards.
For those of you already booked on to the sessions, you should have received an email requesting which session you would like to attend. The form can be accessed here
If you are not booked on but would like to attend…please contact us at [email protected]
A reminder of the agenda detail and dates of the interactive online sessions follows:
SEND Essentials! – 2020
SEND updates, SEND issues, SEND training, next steps in SEND
…everything that busy SENCO’s/Inclusion Managers need to know to keep up to date in an active and exceptional value, 2½ hours!
“Excellent practical advice…..a very informative 2½ hours!” – SENCO St Helens
” I am going back to school full of new motivation to put into practice” – SENCO St Helens
” Excellent course….well designed and delivered” – SENCO Wigan
SEND Forum: Summer Term 2020
What’s All This About Neurodiversity?
Understanding the perspectives on it, the science behind it and the practicalities of meeting the needs of neuro-diverse learners.
Also in the SEND Forum:
‘Life after Lockdown: meeting the needs of children with SEND returning to school’
……plus all our usual ‘SEND updates’ and ‘next steps in SEND’
Dates for the SEND Forum: What’s All This About Neurodiversity? plus ‘Life after Lockdown: meeting the needs of children with SEND returning to school’
Thu 28th May am – 9:30 – 12:00 (log on from 9:00)
Wed 10th June pm – 1:30 – 4:00 (log on from 1:00)
Fri 19th June am – 9:30 – 12:00 (log on from 9:00)
Tue 23rd June pm – 1:30 – 4:00 (log on from 1:00)
Sat 27th June am – 10:00 – 12:30 (log on from 9:30)
Mon 29th June am – 9:30 – 12:00 (log on from 9:00)
Thu 2nd July evening – 4:00 – 6:30 (log on from 3:30)
Recorded version online
Wed 16th Sept pm – 1:30 – 4:00 (log on from 1:00)
Thu 17th Sept evening – 4:00 – 6:30 (log on from 3:30)
Some feedback from our SEND Essentials Forums in 2019:
- The delivery was from a point of experience and understanding that is both inspiring and practical too – thank you.
- Great content and delivery – engaging and interesting.
- A wealth of resources available to access.
- These sessions are invaluable.
- Up to date relevant information that will assist me in improving practice in my setting.
- Thank you for a great resource.
- Practical, engaging. looking forward to the next one!
- Very informative – a friendly relaxed forum where views discussed are taken into account.
- Much needed excellent advice and tips.
- Updates are very useful.
- Great tips….will be attending next time.
- A really useful session – great time of day.
- Very informative and engaging.
- Thank you – really interesting.
- Lots of practical tips appropriate to daily routines in school – thank you.
- Mental health and Wellbeing resources very informative.
- Great advice and support materials.
£40 for the half day SEND forum