Covid-19 update – 23rd March
To St Helens SEND Essentials delegates
Firstly, may we give our sincere apologies for the multiple e-mails that some delegates and schools have received via Microsoft Teams. We have been working with Microsoft Support this morning, and whilst this issue has now been resolved, we feel that we would be better to postpone all the online interactive CPD and Forum sessions until April to ensure that these can run smoothly after thorough testing. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time. It has been heartening to hear people’s enthusiasm for these online sessions and we endeavour to maintain our usual high quality professional development for you. We will contact you again with an update on the on-line sessions in the near future.
SEND Essentials! – 2020
SEND updates, SEND issues, SEND training, next steps in SEND
…everything that busy SENCO’s/Inclusion Managers need to know to keep up to date in an active and exceptional value, 2½ hours!
“Excellent practical advice…..a very informative 2½ hours!” – SENCO St Helens
” I am going back to school full of new motivation to put into practice” – SENCO St Helens
” Excellent course….well designed and delivered” – SENCO Wigan
Our dates for 2020:
They are…..all Thursday’s at Queen’s Park, St Helens from 2.00-4.30pm:
26th March 2020
25th June 2020
SEND Forum afternoon: Spring Term 2019
Transition for pupils with SEND: “Where are we going?”
Transition happens on many levels:
Between schools and phases
Times of transition happen on many levels. For many pupils with SEND, poor understanding of the significance of transition on the part of adults can be the trigger for anxiety and negative behaviour on the part of children. This training session will explore some guiding principles and strategies that can create successful transitions and avoid unnecessary problems. We look at how to build strong transition into policy and practice through collaboration with colleagues.
Plus we explore the current debate surrounding school exclusions and offers initial guidance on positive steps for SENCOS and other leaders
……plus all our usual ‘SEND updates’ and ‘next steps in SEND’
Also this Spring Term….SEND Consultant Monica Conlon discusses:
SEND Leadership – are the right people focused on the right tasks?
How a SENCO can be more essential and less involved
The Community Room, Queens Park Primary School, Rivington Road, St Helens WA10 4NQ
26th March and 25th June (all Thursday’s)
Thursdays @ 2.00 – 4.30pm
SENCOs, Inclusion Managers and all those involved with inclusion…..that means everybody!
Zena Martin will lead you through a condensed afternoon Forum packed full of updates, new legislation, resources, a training session plus what’s coming up in the world of SEND to ensure that all at the sharp end of inclusive practice within their schools remain up-to-date and current with all aspects of this important role. Please come along and leave feeling ’included in inclusion’.
Places are limited by room size so please book early by filling in the booking form below and e-mailing it to: [email protected]
Some feedback from our SEND Essentials Forums in 2019:
- The delivery was from a point of experience and understanding that is both inspiring and practical too – thank you.
- Great content and delivery – engaging and interesting.
- A wealth of resources available to access.
- These sessions are invaluable.
- Up to date relevant information that will assist me in improving practice in my setting.
- Thank you for a great resource.
- Practical, engaging. looking forward to the next one!
- Very informative – a friendly relaxed forum where views discussed are taken into account.
- Much needed excellent advice and tips.
- Updates are very useful.
- Great tips….will be attending next time.
- A really useful session – great time of day.
- Very informative and engaging.
- Thank you – really interesting.
- Lots of practical tips appropriate to daily routines in school – thank you.
- Mental health and Wellbeing resources very informative.
- Great advice and support materials.