SEND Essentials! – 2019-2020
SEND updates, SEND issues, SEND training, next steps in SEND
…everything that busy SENCO’s/Inclusion Managers need to know to keep up to date in an active and exceptional value, 2½ hours!
“Excellent practical advice…..a very informative 2½ hours!” – SENCO St Helens
” I am going back to school full of new motivation to put into practice” – SENCO St Helens
” Excellent course….well designed and delivered” – SENCO Wigan
Our dates for the 2019-2020 academic year:
They are…..all Thursday’s at Queen’s Park, St Helens from 2.00-4.30pm:
28th November 2019
26th March 2020
25th June 2020
Autumn Term 2019
Linking the New OFSTED Framework to Evaluation of SEND Provision
• Reviewing curriculum design
• Quality First Teaching and how this links to developing Inclusive Practice
• Evaluative approaches to Provision Mapping linked to budget monitoring and Equality Duties
Written by Cole Andrew
Cole Andrew – pen-portrait
Plus all the usual features including ‘SEND updates’ and ‘Next steps in SEND’:
We explore the current debate surrounding school exclusions and offers initial guidance on positive steps for SENCOS and other leaders
Topics that will be covered in the next academic year include the below……plus all our usual ‘SEND updates’ and ‘next steps in SEND’:
The Community Room, Queens Park Primary School, Rivington Road, St Helens WA10 4NQ
28th November, 26th March and 25th June (all Thursday’s)
Thursdays @ 2.00 – 4.30pm
£35/delegate/term…….or £100/delegate for all three terms
SENCOs, Inclusion Managers and all those involved with inclusion…..that means everybody!
Zena Martin will lead you through a condensed afternoon Forum packed full of updates, new legislation, resources, a training session plus what’s coming up in the world of SEND to ensure that all at the sharp end of inclusive practice within their schools remain up-to-date and current with all aspects of this important role. Please come along and leave feeling ’included in inclusion’.
Places are limited by room size so please book early by filling in the booking form below and e-mailing it to: [email protected]
Some feedback from our SEND Essentials Forums in 2019:
- The delivery was from a point of experience and understanding that is both inspiring and practical too – thank you.
- Great content and delivery – engaging and interesting.
- A wealth of resources available to access.
- These sessions are invaluable.
- Up to date relevant information that will assist me in improving practice in my setting.
- Thank you for a great resource.
- Practical, engaging. looking forward to the next one!
- Very informative – a friendly relaxed forum where views discussed are taken into account.
- Much needed excellent advice and tips.
- Updates are very useful.
- Great tips….will be attending next time.
- A really useful session – great time of day.
- Very informative and engaging.
- Thank you – really interesting.
- Lots of practical tips appropriate to daily routines in school – thank you.
- Mental health and Wellbeing resources very informative.
- Great advice and support materials.