Ensuring a Successful System of Performance Management for Teaching Assistants
Aims of the course
- To understand the place of PM for support staff within the context of school improvement and wider agendas.
- To know how to use PM to lead to clear improvements in pupil outcomes.
- To be able to use agreed standards effectively within a PM structure.
- To be able to ensure that PM structures lead to improved professional skills, attitudes and practice.
Leading the Best Inclusive Practice for SEND
How inclusive are we now? What does outstanding inclusive practice look like for pupils with SEND? How do we get there? How do we know when we’ve arrived?
Aims of the course
We will be exploring:
- Examples of best SEND inclusion practice
- Identification – assessment and screening
- SEND leadership and what should be the focus
- Quality 1stteaching vs Wave intervention
- Best use of spending and LSA / TA support
Essential for all who ever have to chair a meeting……as meetings can be dreadful and bad chairing makes them worse!
This course is delivered in partnership between Inclusive Solutions and Inclusive Learning North and as such is subject to different rates. Please contact us for further details.
In this course we look at transformational person centred approaches to approaching the chairing of meetings. We provide deeper insights into the psychological processes that make this role challenging. ‘Best Saves’ for those really difficult moments when chairing meetings are creatively explored. We provide a practical, skill based and creative approach.
Aims of the course:
- To identify characteristics of meetings that matter- what excellent chairing looks like
- To strengthen person centred dimensions to chairing meetings
- To create a visual graphic and words that uniquely illuminate what great meetings and chairing looks like
- To explore the various hats that group members and chairs can wear